Saturday, October 6, 2012

Part 7


“Where will I go Lord Arlin,?”
“I told your mother that I would take you in, treat you as my own child.  It would be the only way to protect you.  There are men who are looking for you, we must get you out of here and quickly.  Once back at Azregard I will be equipped to protect you and will tell you more.”
Anien turned to me, “I am very sorry about your mother.”
“Kyrah, are you up to riding more?” asked Lord Arlin,
“Honestly I would much rather go back home, but I know that is not possible.  So whenever you are ready we shall go.”

I watched as the trees past by me. Staring blankly ahead was not helping me, I knew it would not change my circumstances.  I leaned back against Anien, closing my eyes..  He took one hand off the reigns and wrapped his arm around my waist offering me warmth and comfort.

I dreamed of my mother.  We were playing in a field of purple flowers.  Her hair blew in the wind, her smile was bright as I looked at her.  My mother had very dark eyes.

  I never really noticed her eyes. 

“I don’t know.  My mother only told me that I was special because of him, and he entrusted her to keep me safe.  Well look now… here I am safe…. but she is not.”  I was yelling in the dark.  I finally collapsed on the ground.
  
“It is okay Kyrah, I will keep you safe.  You have nothing to worry about.”  I heard his voice through the darkness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment